About CAP Awards
CAP was founded in 2011 by husband and wife team Ian & Kate Jackson. The objective was to help housekeeping & cleaning and catering services gain the recognition they deserve within the Education and Healthcare sectors. That objective has been achieved. Today, the CAP teams help organisations throughout the UK and Ireland to improve standards of quality, hygiene and cleanliness through a positive and dynamic development programme.
The services provided by your Housekeeping & Cleaning and Catering teams are a vital element in cementing your reputation for commitment to quality. When the CAP Award programme helps organisation develop these services, they can:
- Signal to everyone that the core business excellence is carried across all site services
- Secure a competitive marketing advantage by having the standard of their services independently audited and recognised
- Impress their clients and customers by sharing those achievements whilst demonstrating the continuous progression of their services
The CAP Award development scheme incorporates the regulatory standards appropriate to your services. As a member of the development programme, simply maintaining the level of performance and following the action plan means you’ll have little to fear when the regulator calls.
The CAP Development Scheme recognises your Housekeeping and Catering teams’ efforts. It provides the external benchmark to motivate them to greater achievements.
Everyone likes a pat on the back. When you present your staff with their CAP Award, they’ll know that all of their hard work has been recognised. Rest assured that even after an award win, we work with you over the following 12 months to develop your team’s service delivery to a higher quality level.
This is how we help support you for your regulatory visits:
- Joining the CAP Award programme lets you know where you stand and gives you a benchmark for success
- Where performance could be better, you will receive a progressive action plan targeted at achieving continuous improvement
- Where you do well, you receive a CAP Award and documentation to prove it
- And when your regulator calls, you’ll be fully prepared
Where do I start?
Housekeeping and cleaning? Catering? Or both? You decide which areas of your business that you wish to focus upon and we’ll appoint one of our experts in that discipline. Our assessor will visit and spend a full day at your premises. CAP Award assessors work through a rigorous checklist of tasks, verifying the actual service delivery and measuring the standards of performance. They delve deep into your operational practicalities, scrutinise the detail, and benchmark your key performance indicators against industry norms.
A full analysis follows, after which you will receive a membership pack which includes:
- A CAP Award for those who reach the Gold, Silver, or Bronze milestones
- A comprehensive report detailing an action plan for improvement
- Marketing and social media support
- Access to 12 month’s office based support with up-dates, useful ‘tools of the trade’, benchmarks and practical operationally based advice for the award holder to implement
- Inclusion in the CAP Awards 'Core Skill Awareness programme, including its fortnightly distribution of useful reminders on the day-to-day tasks completed within the departments
Action Plan: Do Even Better Next Time
Our action plan is one of the most valuable parts of the CAP Awards programme. It is nothing short of your blueprint for success through continuous improvement. Use it to move up from Bronze, through Silver and on to the Gold Award.
Not all organisations reach the milestone needed to achieve Bronze level accreditation. That’s where the CAP Awards improvement action plan really counts. It is invaluable. A structured, practical and realistic roadmap, it is custom-produced for your organisation’s resources, capabilities and objectives. And it’s designed to be achievable over 12 months. Implementing the CAP Awards Programme action plan is likely to make the difference between a damning inspection or a clean bill of health.
On the other hand, if you’re accredited with our Gold Award status, you should be delighted but cannot afford to be complacent. Our action plan will help you refine the small details to get even better and stay at the top.
I would recommend the CAP award as it is a really good way to motivate a team, it is good to have aims, and the support is invaluable"Harrogate Ladies’ College
Of course achieving gold was our overriding aim but the support and recommendations provided by CAP to further improve our service is just as valuable to us”Rossetti House, Frome
It can sometimes be difficult to motivate teams that work in this sort of area. This Award acknowledges where they are, where they need to go and how to get there. Used correctly, it can be a huge motivational tool”St Joseph’s Hospital Newport
BOOK YOUR 30min CONSULTATION TODAY
Find out how the CAP Award Programme can help you reach the top. There’s no charge and no obligation.